It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:45 am

Mod for magic brand/dollar cube? 

Post Mod for magic brand/dollar cube?
I got a magic cube today to try a mod(or maybe not a mod) that i thought of.After looking at several cheap cubes and taking several apart for different reasons, i realized one of the biggest problems was that the molded plastic had bumps that would scratch the inside causing it to turn badly.so i took the file on my pocket knife and filed down all the bumps on the inside now it kind of feels like a new out the box storebought that is unlubed(because it isn't lubed).I'l post response when it's lubbed to say how it went.

Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:25 am

Post Re: Mod for magic brand/dollar cube?
So i finally lubed the cube and the only difference is that my wrists don't hurt after every solve.Other than that it locks up a lot more often(it's taking me 40 seconds to get just one f2l slot).So i'd say it failed but it makes the cube a lot less painful to use.the only use i see for it is team solving since it stays on the table most of the time so it won't missalign
too easily.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:33 am
Site Admin

Hmm, even for teamsolving this is kinda irritating. Maybe it's the best purpose, but still not good.

These simple cubes just do not have what it takes to be used like a speed cube. My little brother had one, and i gave him my old official rubik's out of pity for the cheap crap they give away hehe.

b03tz.

Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:41 am

bought one of those...i tried lubing it, and it falls apart every few times i solve... other than that it works pretty good.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:41 pm